Usually, I'm not learning anything high-falutin'. It's the simple things that make life extraordinary...an aura of thanksgiving, the indescribable warmth of a faithful husbands'embrace, the rhythmic breath-sounds of a longed-for baby. God is good. Jesus is real. And my life is evidence of that--even on the tough days. As a follower of Jesus Christ, a wife and mother, and the wife of a pastor, I am honoured to share what God is doing in my life, to His glory.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Not-So-Little Blessings...and Homework.

Our vacation was fabulous.  And the biggest highlight for me, beside brushing my knuckles against the whiskers of our resident seal, was finishing in the black!  Yup, we managed to enjoy ourselves, eat out occasionally, and buy a souvenir or two without going into debt.

I'm so deeply grateful to the Lord, for providing above-and-beyond, in very creative ways and at the hands of a few wonderful people.  Yeah, it was tight.  And it continues to be a daily challenge to say no to every want that tempts us.  When we get right down to it, there aren't many needs that bombard us on a daily basis.

We're into our ninth month of a five-ish year challenge to become debt-free.  It amazes me how the Lord is using what we're going through to be able to help others too.  I mean, goodness, we all have to deal with money right?  So why not share what's working for us :)

Let me challenge you with some homework in the next few blogs, if you wanna experience what it's like to be able to breathe financially.

Homework #1:  Find out where you're at.  If I gave you five minutes, could you compile the information needed to tell me exactly how much money you have, or don't have?  Could you tell me, to the cent, how much money you owe, and how much actual cash you have to spend until your next paycheck?  Do you know what your monthly income really is?  If not, you're not alone.  Over 40% of Americans don't have any kind of budget (bankrate.com).  Take a few minutes to find out.  The end result is worth it.


No comments: